There is an App for everything today! As discussed in my post “Coping with wine overload” there is some great Apps to help ease your decisions in choosing, pairing, tastings and visiting. Below are 6 Apps I recommend checking out and all are (mostly) free!!
- Hello Vino – A great shopping assistant for buying wine to pair with food for dinner parties
- Wine Cellar Database – allows you to customize your wine cellar. Choose from a selection of hundreds of thousands of wines online or load it from your own spreadsheet files or Cellar Tracker.
- Wine Spectator WineRatings + – Depending on what access you want via the app, it is either free or a small subscription cost – The free content includes comprehensive vintage charts, daily news, educational articles and videos. An in-app subscription gives access to all of Wine Spectator’s wine ratings, with more than 1,000 new reviews added each month. I would say this is the most comprehensive and reputable app for ratings.
- The California Wine Club – Great local app, that will help perfectly pair a wine with food.
- Vivino – Take a photo of a wine label in the store before you buy to get details on the wine such as ratings and reviews.
- VinoWine – Discover and locate wineries and vineyards in a manner of seconds – basically Yelp solely for wineries!