We arrived to Bell 2nd in our trip and we were feeling mighty fine from the many wines at Paraduxx. Bell had a complexly different feel, it was a dark entry way into where all the barrels are stored and a small tasting counter. It was cool, muggy and dark. Which was nice on the 103 degree day.
We had a reservation at Bell for a Cheese and wine tasting with a mini tour of the vineyard and the winemaking process. Our tour guide seemed a bit irritable but this place was much quieter and reserved then our group. Didn’t feel entirely welcomed however she did give a good explanation of the history of Bell Winery and the winemaker, Anthony Bell’s past.
The outside grounds are beautiful and I recommend if going sitting outside on the patio area near the vineyard. Also there is a Bocce Ball court if you would like to sip and play.
We did the following tasting:
GRAPE TO GLASS TOUR & TASTING
Enjoy the ABC’s of winemaking from grape to glass. Stroll through our Yountville vineyard exploring our farming relationship with terroir and climate, followed by a tank and barrel discussion, barrel tasting, and finishing with a seasonal selection of five wines paired with artisan cheeses.
- Available promptly at 10:30am, 1pm and 3pm daily, by appointment.
- Fifty dollars per person.
- Groups of 8 people or more, sixty dollars per person. We require a credit card to hold appointments for groups of 8 or more guests. Due to our limited available appointments, all group tastings fees are charged 48 hours in advance of your visit and are not refundable after that time.
- Two for the price of one for Carillon Club members.
- Current Release Tasting
- Grape to Glass Tour & Tasting
- Sensory Tasting
- Cabernet Sauvignon Clonal Tasting
- Blending Seminar – Winemaker for a day
- Corporate or Large Group Winery Experience
To Sum It Up:
- Beautiful grounds
- Quiet and cozy place for either a small group or an older crowd.
- Wines are expensive to purchase but they have tons of affordable tasting options to find the one for you.