As I embarked on my “new year, new me” mentality for 2018, I decided to stupidly not drink alcohol the whole month of January.
It is currently 10 days in and yes I did cheat this week on a Moscow mule and a glass of wine at my friends going away however, compared to my wine consumption per week that is pretty solid.
I do believe the new year brings a lot of chance for change however I regret starting my month long abstinence from the beloved juice I drink almost everyday.
Here are reasons you SHOULD drink wine and not to give it up (unless you fall into the weekday morning wine drinking category then maybe you should):
1. Health benefits alone are a reason to not stop drinking wine. Red wine is known to reduce the follow health conditions:
- Reduces Heart-Attack Risk
- Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Lowers Risk of Stroke
- Cuts Risk of Cataracts
- Cuts Risk of Colon Cancer
- Slows Brain Decline
2. A glass of red wine is only 100-300 calories! Just think how satisfying a class of red wine is compared TO ONLY 2 BITES OF YOUR EGG MCMUFFIN. I’d take wine any day!
4) Makes you social and brings people together. Nothing beats meeting up with friends for a drink to catch up on each others lives. Otherwise you would be at home knitting, with your cat on your lap and on Instagram wishing you were out drinking with friends (me right now….).
5) Makes you “more”. Wine is seriously like mystery flavored candy. Each time I feel a little different. It transforms me or maybe just enhances me. Wine makes me….silly, creative, confident, smile, laugh, sleepy, relax and the list goes on.
Moral of the post, don’t feel bad drinking wine! There are plenty of good reasons to in “moderation”. So tonight I am going to have myself a nice bold Cab Sauv and hit the sack early!